Virtual Coffee Date

August 2, 2013

in Just Lindsey

I love when Lisa posts these, and I have a lot of random things for today, so I think this is the perfect way to share them!

coffee

If we were having coffee today…

• I’d tell you that I’m feeling better about this whole situation. It’s still very frustrating, but since getting it out in the open, it’s been easier to not let it get to me. Things seemed to be functioning better this month, and I had some conversations and have a plan to assist in speeding up the regulation of my body. I’m trying to limit my sugar and soy intake (estrongenic foods), but did you know that almost every single thing we eat has soy in it? I didn’t.
  • In related news, I’d tell you that I bought this onesie set from Target last night because I couldn’t help myself. Justin’s favorite colors are orange and blue, and we both love elephants! I’d also tell you that rather than wonder if I jinxed us, I’m instead looking at it with all the hope and faith in the world that someday I’ll have a little peanut to put it on.

onesie

• I’d tell you that I’m finally allowed to tell people I got promoted! As of August 1st, I’m officially a Project Manager and it’s pretty awesome.
  • I’d tell you that I went to yoga for the first time in almost 2 years and felt amazing afterward. We cancelled my gym membership, and I’m planning to find a permanent studio to practice regularly. Now I just have to find the one I like best! (If you happen to live on the East Side of Pittsburgh, I’m taking suggestions!)
  • I’d tell you that I have a few blog posts I’ve been dying to write but just haven’t found the time. They include a recap of our Europe trip, some house updates, the celebration of our First Anniversary, and my new tattoo! I’m hoping I can up my game in August and get back into writing regularly.
  • I’d tell you that I’m working on updating JutandLinds.com, though I’m still not sure what the future holds for that space or this one. I’m just gonna play it by ear for now and see how it goes.
  • I’d tell you that I really wanted to do my first “Music, Books, Miles, and Looks” post yesterday, until I realized that I didn’t have any books or miles to add for the month of July. Hopefully I’ll have one for August!

I wish we really were having coffee today! What would you tell me if we were?

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Akirah August 2, 2013 at 8:35 am

Did you cancel your gym membership BECAUSE of yoga making you feel so awesome? Because I want to start yoga, but I’m not 100% sure of the benefits. (I suppose I could Google that.)

I’m glad you are feeling better about trying to get pregnant. I pray for patience for you.

Lindsey August 2, 2013 at 8:43 am

No, actually we cancelled my membership last fall because I wasn’t going to the gym often enough. We were running outside at the time, and I was basically only using the gym for the treadmill. I’m not 100% sure of the physical benefits of yoga, but I know it helps my stress level immensely!

Lindsey August 2, 2013 at 8:43 am

And thank you for the patience, it’s definitely what I need right now.

Akirah August 2, 2013 at 8:35 am

Oh! And congrats on the promotion.

Lindsey August 2, 2013 at 8:41 am

Thank you!

Amy Whelan August 4, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I’d tell you that everyday is a gift, even if it doesn’t seem like it. I’d tell you to love yourself even at your worst, and celebrate when you’re at your best. I’d tell you that your friends are your lifeline, so always keep a few in your back pocket…you’ll never know when you’ll need them. I’d tell you to give yourself a compliment everyday and to allow yourself to have fun. I’d tell you that you are my friend, even though we’ve never met. Namaste.

Lindsey August 22, 2013 at 7:21 am

I love this. Thank you.

katelin August 9, 2013 at 8:06 pm

hurray for the promotion! and my goodness that elephant onesie is adorable, i’d say an excellent pre-baby purchase :)

Lindsey August 22, 2013 at 7:21 am

Thank you!

Lisa of Lisa's Yarns August 11, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I spy an Anthropologie mug! Love those!!

If we were having coffee I’d tell you that I am kind of emotionally and physically spent right now, and am dreading getting back onto an airplane for my work trip to New Mexico tomorrow. I’d tell you I am procrastinating on packing for that trip because I just unpacked my suitcase this morning from my 10 day trip home (I got in late last night).

I’d also tell you that I am really bummed that I won’t get to see you when I am in Pittsburgh next month but that I KNOW I will be back, so our in person meet up will just have to wait!

Lindsey August 22, 2013 at 7:20 am

Yup! @Magdelyii got it for me for Christmas, and I LOVE it!!

I’m really sad we won’t be catching up while you’re here either. Hopefully we really can figure out a way to meet up soon!!